[NCLUG] can't boot into linux

Andrew Fox afox at cnr.colostate.edu
Fri Feb 15 15:19:42 MST 2002

I'm new to linux but have been using Solaris and IBM AIX at work for years.
I did my first linux install recently on a 75 mhz, 1gb pentium, 24 MB ram
(picked it up for $20).  I created a 360 MB partition using partition
magic and installed caldera open linux 2.2 (the book was cheap).  At
first when i logged out of kde the screen would go blank and i would have
to reboot, upon re-boot and linux system check i got an error message
"disk not cleanly unmounted", it did this once or twice and now when
linux system check gets to disk it reads "fail" and just stops there.
any suggestions on what to try to fix the problem?

TIA,
Andrew Fox