[NCLUG] mmmmmmm...spam control

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Tue Feb 19 11:53:25 MST 2002

* On 2002-02-19 18:46 bmc <brettcrandall at hotmail.com> wrote:

> One tool for Linux, known as Tagged Message Delivery Agent (TMDA), takes
> the opposite tactic and uses a "whitelist" approach. Instead of allowing

I've resisted moving to a whitelist approach because I get a lot of
new contact emails for business. I haven't noticed any other businesses
I contact using this approach, and I suspect that it would be offputting
to new clients.

What do you all think? Would you consider it rude or inconvenient to
have to reply to a whitelist message? Several major linux names use
them now, and I don't mind if its going to a "I get way too much mail
because I'm well known" person.

efm at tummy.com               Senior System and Network Adminstrators
                            http://www.tummy.com/