[NCLUG] A question about a web server and broadband.

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Wed Feb 20 13:28:06 MST 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 08:40:54AM -0700, Daniel Miles wrote:
>Naw, I've got dynamic IP from ATT and it's never changed in a two years,
>go for it.

@home actually allocated a static IP.  ATTbi says they'll be changing the
address, but so far haven't that I've seen...

>Also to my knowledge it was @home that was blockign those ports, and ATT
>isn't doing it anymore

@home was blocking port 80 for a week or two during the high point of Code
Red, then they re-enabled it.  According to the test I just did, they
aren't blocking port 80.  At least, on my cable-modem IP, it lets enough
through that the firewall on that machine logged the packet it dropped (I
don't a web server on that machine).

 If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong.
                 -- Norm Schryer