[NCLUG] is mod_rewrite what i want

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Sat Feb 23 17:48:17 MST 2002

mike cullerton writes...

> as most of y'all know, the real url points to a cgi. so, do i need
> something like mod_rewrite or can this be accomplished with a symbolic link
> type solution?

Yeah that and/or "ScriptAlias" is usually the thing to use but Mailman is a
little more difficult. IIRC it counts on being able to use relative links so
links to the admin interface etc. would be broken if you just aliased it. I
think you may be able to do what you want but it might take some hacking to
/etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py. Modifing the html templates might let you just remove
the other things too.

Good luck,

--
Matt Taggart