[NCLUG] unsubscribing broken addresses

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Thu Jan 3 07:39:04 MST 2002

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 10:42:15AM -0700, Daniel Herrington wrote:
>OT, I also cancelled my long-distance service, and went with a Sam's
>Club AT&T prepaid calling card.  It's 3.47 cents/minute, regardless of
>in-state/out-of-state or time-of-day.  And I won't be paying the
>$12.00/month just to have AT&T as my long-distance carrier.  It's a

You may be a bit shocked to find that you have to pay something around
$10/month to *NOT* have a long distance provider, too...  Maybe that's only
on business lines, but I don't think so.

It impacted ISPs fairly hard, I think they made that change back in 1998.
ISPs suddenly had to start paying $10/month extra for every line they had
-- that's where I heard about it.

Keep an eye out for it on your next bill.

 I didn't spend 6 years in evil medical school to be called *MISTER* Evil!
                 -- Dr. Evil, _Austin_Powers:_International_Man_of_Mystery_