[NCLUG] Catalina WebAppDeploy with Apache

Blaine Berger blaine at e-oasis.com
Sun Jan 20 18:52:38 MST 2002

The problem seems to be that no one can produce the WebAppDeploy directives that
actually work.  I've been through the FAQs and posted to tomcat-users.
Here's the closest I've gotten:

  1. Modify Apache DocumentRoot to match Tomcat root Context
      DocumentRoot = /var/tomcat4/webapps/ROOT
    and in server.xml ...
      <Context path="/" docBase="/var/tomcat4/webapps/ROOT" ... </Context>
  2. WepAppDeploy whatever warpConnection /var/tomcat4/webapps/ROOT

...which results in a nice hang in the web browser when accessing
http://localhost/   (The socket to port 80 stays open with nothing passed back to
the client browser.)

If you still have it working with only WebAppDeploy, could you post the relevant
portions of httpd.conf and server.xml ?

Thanks!
--
Blaine