[NCLUG] KRUD 7.2 Boot Failure

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Fri Jan 25 16:10:20 MST 2002

Actually, I was just kidding you.  I think Kevin had it right when he
said "Floppies just suck."

On a similar note, have you noticed that floppy /controllers/ seems to
have been ignored of late?  My older pentiums can boot off a floppy in
reasonably short order.  But most recent machines have been just DOG
slow loading the kernel!  One in particular that sticks in my mind is
the floppy on the HP Netserver ... uh... 3?  Bah, forgot the model.
Anyway, it was a great machine, but I think they sort of left out a
faster floppy controller since Floppies Just Suck...