[NCLUG] 802.11b+ / TI ACX100 Linux support?

mbutcher mbutcher at aleph-null.tv
Wed Jul 3 12:14:49 MDT 2002

I had one with the lucent chipset working under Mandrake 8.2. However, I
turned the card back in at work (since I don't have an AP) so I'm afraid that
I can't give too many specifics. Basically, I installed it and harddrake
detected it and configured the drivers. All I had to do was set up eth1 in
the network init scripts.

The best place to "start" is
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/wavelan.txt

That provides info on the kernel modules you might need. The other of that
document also mainatains a huge howto on the matter at:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/

It is worth reading. He has information about lots and lots of different
cards.

Matt