[NCLUG] Request for advice re: Mandrake distro

Walter Lamia walterlamia at fortnet.org
Wed Jul 10 23:34:51 MDT 2002

I'm new to this list, so I hope this isn't flame-bait, but I have a few problems setting up a Mandrake 8.2 distro, and I was wondering if anyone has experience with:

- enabling Zip/Jaz devices thru a Zip Zoom SCSI interface

- getting ESS sound to work

- getting a USB Brother DSP1000 to work as a scanner

(the hardware all works fine with Windoze98)

- working with Wine on Mandrake

(system is an Acer 6100, 450 Mhz P-III, 192Mb, Mandrake on separate 8Gb slave disk /dev/hdb)