[NCLUG] dead drive

Marcio Luis Teixeira marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Sun Jul 14 05:00:57 MDT 2002

On Friday 12 July 2002 08:38 pm, mike cullerton wrote:
> hey folks,
>
>   got a drive that won't mount. it's hfs+ on a macos x box. fsck says
> "Invalid node structure" and aborts. i don't even know what that means.

Someone on the list can correct me if I am wrong, but Linux does not support
"hfs+". If I recall correctly, the LinuxPPC installation instructions suggest
you use HFS instead. As for getting the data off the drive, you may have to
use Mac OS X to copy the data to an HFS partitiion before using it under
Linux. Does Mac OS X have a boot CD-ROM you can use for maintainance? If it
does, maybe you could use it to copy the data.

Marcio Luis Teixeira