[NCLUG] dead drive

mike cullerton michaelc at cullerton.com
Mon Jul 15 15:32:54 MDT 2002

On Sunday, July 14, 2002, at 05:00 AM, Marcio Luis Teixeira wrote:

> On Friday 12 July 2002 08:38 pm, mike cullerton wrote:
>> hey folks,
>>
>>   got a drive that won't mount. it's hfs+ on a macos x box. fsck says
>> "Invalid node structure" and aborts. i don't even know what that means.
>

> Someone on the list can correct me if I am wrong, but Linux does not
> support
> "hfs+". If I recall correctly, the LinuxPPC installation instructions
> suggest
> you use HFS instead. As for getting the data off the drive, you may have
> use Mac OS X to copy the data to an HFS partitiion before using it under
> Linux. Does Mac OS X have a boot CD-ROM you can use for maintainance? If
> it
> does, maybe you could use it to copy the data.

i'm using this on macos x. the problem is that nothing will mount it. i
was hoping that someone knew a way to tell it what kind of node structure
to use so i could force it to mount. and then hope i could get what i want
off it.

it's basically a big incoming directory. mostly, the data isn't important.
  but, there are some recent pictures i took with my digital camera that
only exist there.

the sad thing is i was about to reformat it and put a new os on there
later that day.

:(