[NCLUG] Judy is for real

Alan Silverstein ajs at fc.hp.com
Fri Jul 26 12:57:33 MDT 2002

marciot wrote:

> I'm a bit concerned about "while the website lasts."  I learned a lot
> from reading the application notes and I would hate to see them go.
> What's HPs position on the redistribution or mirroring of the website
> (perhaps on the SourceForge site?)

I replied to Marcio by email but since I see now his question was
posted, I'll reply here too.

The Judy HP external website (www.hp.com/go/judy) offered only documents
and object files (libraries), no sources.  Now the sources are on
SourceForge.  However, the source package lacks much documentation, even
the stuff on the HP site...  We focused on getting a usable source
package out first.

What happens next to the HP site is up to the DSPP (HP internal) site
maintainers...  I'm not going to tell them to remove it, so who knows
how long it will last?  Meanwhile, the source maintainer, Doug Baskins,
has all the files and can update the SourceForge bits any time...  You
can also write to him at:  doug at sourcejudy.com

Thanks,
Alan (ajs at fc.hp.com)