Reply-To Preservation Considered Harmful (was: Re: [NCLUG] users only)

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Mon Jun 3 20:06:31 MDT 2002

MD> But here's the thing I could never figure out -- instead of trying
MD> to bash a mail service into a news service...  why don't we just
MD> use a news service?  I am at a total loss as to why people have
MD> passed over NNTP as a way to do this!

i already read the mailling list as a newsgroup (through the miracle
of procmail, gnus, and xemacs).  so, it can be done with little pain
with the right tools already.

as for "reply-to", i prefer that it not be set to the list; since i
view it as a newsgroup-like-thing already, my fingers know to "r"eply
to sender, or "f"ollowup to the group.

but, fundamentally, i don't care that much.

t.