[NCLUG] free to a good home

Jason_Kemper/FTMorgan/phccorp at prhc.net Jason_Kemper/FTMorgan/phccorp at prhc.net
Thu May 2 17:01:45 MDT 2002

Is it capable of running Solaris 8? It might be fun to play with. What kind
of monitor/keyboards/mice/whatever does it require?

Jason Kemper
Director of Information Systems
Colorado Plains Medical Center

Mark Fassler <fassler at monkeysoft.net>@nclug.org on 05/02/2002 11:22:58 AM

Please respond to nclug at nclug.org

Sent by:    nclug-admin at nclug.org

To:    nclug at nclug.org
cc:

Subject:    [NCLUG] free to a good home

I have a big (like, 200lbs) Sparc server that is free to a good home.  In
excellent condition, I got it from (I think) Mike Loseke about 2 years
ago.

It has two processors (very roughly the speed of a dual P90), 128 MB RAM,
2.6 GB disk space (I think).  It runs some ancient version of Solaris or
something, or the latest RedHat for SPARC.  (The latest kernel may or may
not support both processors... I dunno.  When I last played with it, the
kernel only supported one of the processors...)

I'm in college and I'm going to be travelling quite a bit over the next
few years (summer research, study abroad, etc.) and I'd like to get rid of
a lot of my stuff.

Free to a good home.

--
Mark Fassler
fassler at monkeysoft.net

(I also have a ton of electronics stuff and computer parts I'd kinda like
to sell...)

To unsubscribe, subscribe, or modify your settings, go to: