[NCLUG] users only

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Wed May 29 10:50:23 MDT 2002

Sean Reifschneider writes...

> What's wrong with restricting the list to memebers only?  In particular,
> with mailman you can subscribe multiple addresses, but only enable delivery
> for one of them, so it's not SO bad...  BLUG is closed and folks seem not
> too unhappy with that.  CLUE is also closed...

I also hate it nclug posts have blug or clue cc'd and I get "moderated". IHMO
there are better answers for dealing with spam than limiting open discussion.

> I can definitely set up spamassassin before the messages get to the mailing
> list.  Do we then just bounce back any replies that are determined to be
> spam, or do we just discard them?  Or do we hook spamassassin into the
> normal approval process, so Matt sees them and can approve them or discard
> them as required?

If we're worried about false-positives I wouldn't mind routing them all
through the mailman approval process. We could set it up that way initially to
be safe and I could see if we got any false positives.

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org