META RE: [NCLUG] Another Job posting

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Thu Nov 7 13:40:51 MST 2002

	There is a difference between when an acquaintance calls me regarding a
	job opening that she is aware of and when a head hunter contacts me
	about the same job. This list should be able to discriminate the
	difference as well.

	Steve Queen

Yeah - I think so to. When Exasource is seeking to build their resume database
and pull commissions of $10,000 to $45,000 per head placed from this list's free
advertising (which comes out of our internet bandwidth quota's) people need to
consider actually charging this guys for list access. This is high dollar SPAM
to me if we are not getting anything out of it.

	See http://www.exasource.com/employer.html

	"Since in todays market time is of the essence, we offer additional
	discounts for companies that have quicker turn-around times. The 30% fee
	schedule listed below for contingency search reflect time frames in excess
	of 90 days from the presentation of candidates, to a decision and offer
	extended. If your cycle time is between 30 - 60 days, the fee is reduced
	to 25%, and if your really serious and can move within 30 days, the fee
	is further reduced to 20% of the estimated first years income."

When I ran the SVNet (Silicon Valley Network) users group in the SF Bay Area
we actually charged market rates for companies like this to use our targeted
lists. That paid for operating SVNet, and then some.

John