[NCLUG] SGI-Like OpenGL Program Launcher?

marciot marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Thu Nov 7 17:18:24 MST 2002

>===== Original Message From nclug at nclug.org =====

>As you already discovered, it is called 'Buttonfly'.  Oddly, I first saw
>it on my Amiga 500.

Great! So all I need is an Amiga emulator and I'll be ready to go ;)

Too bad my laptop sucks and I probably won't be able to do emulation
fast enough. Hell, I wonder if I can do it fast enough *native* --
"glxgears" gives me a whopping nine fps in full screen. I'm guessing
that even buttonfly (with just ten polygons, if I keep the background
static) would be pushing it a bit :)

Anyhow, I guess it's an excuse to try writing something frivolous in
OpenGL.

Marcio Luis Teixeira