[NCLUG] Red Hat 8.0 Mirror

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Mon Sep 30 14:34:36 MDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 12:05:13PM -0600, Patrick Riedel wrote:
>On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 11:45, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:
>> We're providing a mirror of Red Hat 8.0 at:
>>    ftp://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/mirrors/redhat/linux/8.0/
>>
>> It's not the fastest connection, but it's local.
>
>Went to take a look, got:
>
>"530 Sorry, the maximum number of allowed clients (3) already
>connected."

Yeah, Evelyn probably shouldn't have announced it since it's been pegged
since the 8.0 bits got flipped this morning.  Once the 8.0 madness is done,
however, the benefit is that this is a *FULL* mirror of the redhat FTP
site.  Sorry for the confusion, unfortunately we're kind of limited right
now with the sort of bandwidth allocations that proftpd will allow...  We
might up the limit some tomorrow, but today if we up it from 3 to 5
users it is going to cost us $100.  :-/  Tomorrow is a new month...

 I'd like an order of fries, a quarter-pounder with cheese,
 I love the light in your eyes, will you go out with me please.