[NCLUG] Networking at the library.

Daniel Miles milesd at cs.colostate.edu
Fri Aug 8 14:47:36 MDT 2003

Well, I work at the library and every so often I'll talk to some of the
people on the tech staff and here's the info I can give you:

2 out of 4 of the tech staff just left and there is no money to replace
them (when you're a sales-tax funded organization and people stop buying
things in a recession, you have no money).

Summery: they have no time. They're good people and they're probably not
ignoring you but they just haven't gotten around to it yet because
there's so much to do.

To expediate, you might want to talk to FRCC (they share the Harmony
library with FCPL) and possibly get *their* tech staff going... I know
that regular 4-year universities (at least the state funded ones) have
to have some sort of "community outreach programming." As far as I can
tell, this means that they have a budget to bring education/resources to
the community but they can't always think of a way to use it... It's
possible FRCC has such a program and you should talk to them too.