[NCLUG] Breaking news! SCO is full of crap (big surprise)

jbass at dmsd.com jbass at dmsd.com
Sat Aug 23 12:15:23 MDT 2003

Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com> writes:

> I find it quite amusing that in the above you state that you are trying
> to be fair, but in several of my responses I have stated that you were
> not being fair.  None of your responses have seemed very fair, they have
> all seemed like you have a strong interest in defending SCO because you
> have a personal stake in it.  I know you've stated otherwise, but your

Back up this rediculous claim ... show me exactly how my posts are not
being fair. I have adopted SCO's side in this strictly as devils advocate,
and a belief that IBM and other UNIX shops have an obligation to the
Linux community to act responsibly under the law regarding UNIX to Linux
IP transfer.

Trolling is Paul's abusive posts lacking substance for his slander.
Trolling is your personal attacks against me. Presenting a factual
case law rebutal based on reality, which you, or anyone in this
forum have failed (IE REFUSED) to provide any rebuttal, is not trolling.

I have no personal stake in Caldera/SCO ... I worked for SCO management
off and on from 1989 thru 1996 - none of the management I worked directly
for are still at SCO. I have a few friends that are still developers at SCO,
and Microsoft, IBM, SGI, HP, .... and many other UNIX and Linux shops.

I know *NONE) of the Caldera (renamed to SCO after the Linux communities
backlash) management pressing the SCO v IBM case.

> As far as who's being fair, I think on review of each of our messages
> it's quite clear who's being the most fair.

Do so ... please refute or show how any of the posts regarding clean room
mandates in the trademark and copyright law are anything but fair. Please
back up your claims with clear pointers to the case law, as I have, to
defend your wishful thinking.

Since you clearly believe that SCO's case against IBM has no merit, and
have failed to refute ANY of the case law issues I have presented regarding
clean room IP transfer mandates, one can only assume that ...

John