[NCLUG] Breaking news! SCO is full of crap (big surprise)

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Sat Aug 23 14:58:56 MDT 2003

On 23 Aug 2003 at 12:15:23, jbass at dmsd.com arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> Trolling is Paul's abusive posts lacking substance for his slander.

I believe I've referenced quite a few sites (authored by people who have
more context in the law and Unix than *you* do) which substantiate the
claims I'm making in the majority of the posts I've made here.

Just because you haven't taken the time to read and/or understand them, or
because you disagree with them because you're "playing devil's advocate" or
can't see SCO's anti-social behavior in pursuit of their Wall Street
pump-and-dump scheme, does not mean I'm "slandering" anyone. It merely
means...  you can't read and/or understand the multiple references I refer
to, or you disagree with them for some emotionally-based, illogical reason.

After a certain point, it's just amusing to post a URL of a news story from
a reputable site (news.com) or person (Bruce Perens), and have you run
around wailing like a chicken with your head cut off about SCO's IP rights,
when that's not even *really* the point to begin with.

Am I the only one that finds it amusing that you can't let a single post
about SCO pass without responding and spouting the same things we've all
heard twenty times from you?

Take a hint, John: you're in the minority; and arguing SCO's case over and
over again and trying to convince us that SCO has the right to extort the
Linux community and otherwise take pot shots at us is not going to change
our minds. Whining about slander, and then stating that none of us care
about IP law in this country (while hypocritical to the point of absurdity)
is not going to change our minds.

Let it go, John; go whine about your precious SCO on Usenet or Slashdot or
something.

Later,
Paul