[NCLUG] Backup to another HDD? CD-RW issues?

Benson Chow blc at q.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 28 08:47:21 MDT 2003

I can't comment on the compatibility of any specific drive, but my cheapo
noname MediaStor IDE drive (52/24/52) works with Linux - pretty much all
MMC3 IDE drives should work.  You might want to futz with PIO/DMA
settings as they're most likely to have issues at this point as many
manufacturers cheap out on this for some reason.   Also make sure the
drive is on its own IDE channel to experiment...