[NCLUG] Apache 1.3.27 question

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Mon Feb 17 18:09:06 MST 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Erich wrote:

> The following requires resoltuion.  We are running apache
> 1.3.27 on win2k server.  Any ideas?  Can I force something
> with a registry hack?
>
> 2) Twice now apache service has crashed leaving a dialog
> box on the screen saying it will be restarted.  Of course
> it is not restarted until some human comes along and
> presses OK on the dialog box.  Is there some
> way we can override this?

Write a shell or perl script that greps through a "ps -ef" listing for
"httpd" (or you can use "pidof" if you have it) and if it doesn't find it,
it can run "/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd (re)start".

That's how it's done on *Linux*, for which this a forum to discuss.

Please stop using bad words (i.e. "win2k server") on our mailing list.

Later,
Paul