[NCLUG] Apache 1.3.27 question

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Tue Feb 18 12:59:27 MST 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Erich wrote:

>  "win2k server" - oops.
>
> This email started as a question about apache (in my head), and was sent
> as a question about that other OS.  AYE!  Oh - well, I ma forced to live
> in serveral worlds at once...  Unless therre is a  way for linux to
> access a MsSQL databse.

Sure is!

Depends on the implementation language, but I'm pretty sure there are Perl
DBI and PHP and Python modules (the popular languages) to access MS SQL
servers.

If nothing else, pretty much everything under the sun supports ODBC, and MS
SQL should (still) too; you might still have to use that to get it to work
with Java, for instance.

Now *this* is a question for a Linux list...

Later,
Paul