[NCLUG] Debian sid & xfree86 4.2.1-7

Wayne Schneider wayne.schneider at lycos.com
Sun Jun 8 13:50:46 MDT 2003

I am running sid in an Inspiron 8K (Rage Mobility 128) with xfree86 4.2.1-7 with the 2.4.21-rc6 kernel.  I had X and Enlightenment running great, but with the last apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade X windows will start however is now giving me an error.  I understand that this might be cause by trying to run X as root, but this was while trying as user.

The error shown in /var/log/XFree86.0.log is the following:

Hitachi TX38D99VC1CAA
Color, Single, TFT
AUDIT: Sun Jun 8 13:43:25 2003: 508 X: client 1 refected from local host
  Auth name: XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 ID: -1
Xlib: connection to "0.0" refused bt server
Xlib: Invalid XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 key (failed key comparison)

This has me stumped purly by the fact that only updating the Xfree86 packages would cause this.  Can any of you explain what is happening or point me in the right direction?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Wayne