[NCLUG] Dual head video under linux?

Brett Johnson brett at hp.com
Thu Mar 13 14:05:17 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 13:24, James Cizek wrote:
>    Therefore, I would like my main monitor to continue running 1800x1400
>    resolution and the 17 inch to run something like 1024x768 or so.
>    Is the G450 capable of this?

Sure.  You'll probably want to set it up as two separate screens, rather
than trying to fit both into a xinerama (virtual) screen.

>    I see on Matrox's website they have a linux "driver"  I assume this
>   is just an Xserver?  Or do you use the mga Xserver already part
>   of X and it's just setup changes in the XF86Config?

The driver is a module that's loaded by XFree86, but you don't even need
it (the existing open source driver does everything you'll need).

Cheers!
--
Brett Johnson <brett at hp.com>
   -  i  n  v  e  n  t  -