[NCLUG] Dual head video under linux?

Brett Johnson brett at hp.com
Fri Mar 14 17:44:14 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 17:22, Mike W Jensen wrote:
> Thank you I got it working perfect.  I am with you I see no reason why those
> drivers should not be open source.

Well, the reason is quite clear...

The drivers aren't open source because NVidia won't release the
technical specs for their new hardware.  There's already an open source
driver for some NVidia hardware (that's old enough to have been
successfully reverse engineered), but reverse engineering the new
hardware and writing a driver without NVidia's help is a pretty daunting
task.  Probably not going to happen any time soon...

Cheers!
--
Brett Johnson <brett at hp.com>
   -  i  n  v  e  n  t  -