[NCLUG] Flying Penguins

Neil Doane caine at antediluvian.org
Thu May 8 16:46:53 MDT 2003

* J. Paul Reed (preed at sigkill.com), on [05-08-03 13:36], wrote:
> On 08 May 2003 at 13:28:37, Neil Doane moved bits on my disk to say:
>
> > > Funny you should mention that... I'm working on my VFR PPL right now.
> >
> > Sweet! :)  How far along are you?  Best of luck!  Do you fly out of 3V5
> > or KFNL?
>
> I've flown out of KFNL, but right now, I'm actually flying out of KSBP. ;-)

Neat. :)  I did my first 40 hours or so out of RHV up by San Jose.  CA is a
terrific place to find VFR weather! :)

> After my VFR, I'd like to get IFR so I can actually put the flying to some
> good (read: practical) use.

I'm sortof half-assedly working on my instrument too, though admittedly, I'm
just fine with being a fair-weather pilot for a while and would prefer to
work on an aerobatics course or finish my sailplane rating (sailplanes are
fun!  very quiet, you can stay up for a LONG time on one $25 tow, and they
redefine adverse yaw. ;)  I have the Sporty's instrument DVD set, which is
VERY good stuff.  I've heard their PPL DVD set is primo for written test prep!

> Oh good... you changed the subject, so people who don't care about our tin
> talk can breeze by it.

:)

Best of luck with all your flying!  There's a 'helpingaspiringpilots' Yahoo
group that I'm on that is a great place to ask questions and stuff or just
talk about flying in general.  Lots of CFIs and seasoned veterans there as
well as some low-hour pilots like me and plenty of other students to share
experiences with.  If you're interested, I have my flying diary online here:
http://antediluvian.org/caine/pilot/

Neil