[NCLUG] RH 6.1 programs?

bof bof at pcisys.net
Fri May 16 10:39:00 MDT 2003

Michael Riversong wrote:

>Yesterday i revived a machine with RH 6.1 that we had in storage the past six months.  Had to put it in a building with no phone lines, so to get programs i'm stuck with whatever i can get on CD or floppy.  Anybody know some good sources for older programs that will fit

It might be of use to this forum if you would share what you were going
to do with the machine ....

So, since I don't know what kind of programs you need, could the
programs on the Powertools disk be of any use? See
ftp://ftp.rutgers.edu/pub/redhat/linux/6.1/en/powertools/CONTENTS for a
list of what it has on it.

Additionally, RH 7.3 can be installed in as little as 400 MB if you're
will to forgo bloated features like Xwindows, Emacs, source code,
compilers and development tools, etc, and run off the command line.

BOF