[NCLUG] anyplace in town sell linux wlan pcmcia cards?

Matt Rosing rosing at peakfive.com
Thu Nov 13 13:10:36 MST 2003

nclug writes:

 > Linksys wpc11
 > Everybody'll have those, they work just fine. :)

Not anymore. Version 4 uses a differnt chipset, from realtek, and the
drivers are apparently iffy and a pain to work with.

 > more components and cards than most places.  Last I knew,
 > the Linksys and SMC cards were prism2 based, and work fine.
 > I'd avoid Belkin after their recent bad marketing decisions.

 > Best to check here also:
 > http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/index.html

Best buy had the new linksys, and two others that weren't on Jean's list.

I went to office depot and they didn't have much.  Does the gateway
store have anthing in stock?  How about Staples, or whatever that
place is near king soopers on college?

This is where linux sucks and shows the kind of monopoly ms has.

done ranting

Matt