[NCLUG] Need Computer Donations

Michael Riversong mriversong at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 16 10:43:22 MDT 2003

Howdy --

I don't post to this list very often, but have found the technical advice here to be valuable.  Thanks, everyone, for keeping this up!

I work for a small Christian school in Cheyenne.  We experienced some expansion over the summer, and at the same time have lost a few machines in our classrooms due to old age.

We have a number of Linux distribution disks here, but most of the machines we have around right now are even too old for these.  Therefore, we are seeking donations of CPUs that we can install Linux on.  Many of our students enjoy the three Linux machines we have currently running, so i want to replace our most decrepit units with more Linux boxes.  In general, we've found Linux to be more durable and useful than other operating systems.

We're in pretty good shape with monitors, keyboards, mice, etc.  So mainly what we need are current CPUs running at more than 200 mHz, with greater than 4 GB hard drives.  (It's not that hard to buy and install more memory if we need it.)

We are a genuine nonprofit, so tax deductions are likely.  If you know of anything, please contact me privately at the following address:

noahwebster at earthlink.net

Thank you!

Michael Riversong

Cheyenne, Wyoming