[NCLUG] webcam recommendations

Daniel Herrington daniel at iherr.com
Thu Oct 16 13:35:14 MDT 2003

I've got an old laptop running RedHat 9, and I'd like to use it to
control a webcam with something like w3cam (which uses video4linux).
Does anyone have any recommendations for an inexpensive (<$20) color
camera that  is known to work well with RedHat 9 Linux? Either USB or
parallel would be okay, but I'd prefer USB.

I saw that compgeeks has a Xirlink USB PC Camera for $16.50, but I don't
know if any of the currently available Linux drivers will work with it.

Thanks,
Daniel

--
Daniel Herrington