[NCLUG] Computer Inspired Fiction Recommendations?

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Wed Sep 10 08:47:58 MDT 2003

 I thought that the list would be incomplete if we were to leave off
Clifford Stoll's "Cuckoo's Egg: Tracking a Spy Through the Maze of Computer
Espionage". It's non-fiction but I remember enjoying the read very much.
It's about him tracking some non-US crackers from Lawrence Berkeley Labs.
Good read.

 Also, I second all of the Neal Stephenson suggestions, especially
Snowcrash. Most memorable line from the book (aside from the entire first
chapter with the Deliverator) is "Maybe they'll listen to Reason." Inside
joke you'll have to read to enjoy. :)

Thus spake Marcio Teixeira:

--
                  | "Technology is not neutral. We're inside of what
   Mike loseke    | we make, and it's inside of us. We're living in a
 mike at verinet.com | get made and unmade."