[NCLUG] Connecting at Mugs

Michael Milligan milli at acmeps.com
Sat Apr 24 11:04:02 MDT 2004

Shorter Rankin wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
> So, how come wireless connect works at the Hacking Society
> and fails at Mugs? Is this some Microsoft plot or what?

The problem at Mugs in Old Town is that there are 7 other access points
"visible" inside the coffee shop as of last week.  You have to
specifically set your ESSID to "Mugs (Armstrong)" to get the right AP.
I gave the girls there the right info to put on their help page in the
setup instructions they have.  Several of those access points are for
the free APs that are popping up all over Old Town, but I don't recall
what ESSID those are (and the signal strenght inside Mugs is not that
great anyway).

And it works just fine for me under Debian GNU/Linux.  Should work fine
with RedHat and SuSE distro's as well.

Regards,
Mike

Michael Milligan                                   -> milli at acmeps.com