[NCLUG] Re: SAIR or what cert? (Crawford Rainwater)

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Thu Feb 5 07:40:17 MST 2004

* On 2004-02-05 00:45 DJ Eshelman <dj at sgc-inc.net> wrote:
> Sounds like you have some good experience-  does anything stand out to go
> for first?  Do you think Certs matter at all to anyone?

I think Certs are a good way of judging what you know, particularly if
you're self-taught and don't have a lot of work experience.

They're also useful if you're applying for jobs at companies with HR
departments. HR departments can't judge your technical skills, so they rely
on certification to do that.

Other than that, certification is mostly useful to trainers, as it gives
them a standard to teach to, and something they can charge more for.

                            http://www.tummy.com/