[NCLUG] install event interest

Paul Price paul.price at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 23 13:54:42 MST 2004

Hi folks,

I'm looking to increase my competencies with Linux and would greatly appreciate an "install event" in this area. I've also talked to some friends that may also be interested. I think the northern Denver group does these regularly.

Personally, I'm having problems moving beyond the "simple" install for X. I am unable to get the NVIDIA driver to work with my system (auto-detected "nv" driver working OK). In particular, I'd like to be able to use 2 monitors since my card supports it (5200). The doco that came from the Nvidia site is not helping much.

I'm also new at setting up a printer and getting connected via modem. I've looked briefly at the "how-to" for these but haven't exaused these docs yet (just haven't had the time). I am planning to get cable-modem soon (Comcast), so pointers here would also be appreciated.

Perhaps this topic could be discussed at the next NCLUG meeting and if appropriate, a date and location be set for the event.

Thanks,
Paul Price