[NCLUG] CD burning problems

Daniel Miles milesd at cs.colostate.edu
Wed Jan 7 22:44:10 MST 2004

At the risk of sounding like a hard-ass, I think the first thing to do
is to test to see if it's your front-end or if it's a deeper problem.

Here's what I'd do:
I'd get a CDRW (so I didn't waste a CD just to test this) and I'd get a
couple of wav files and I'd type (as root):
# cdrecord --scanbus
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.29
Using libscg version 'schily-0.7'
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'SONY  ' 'DVD RW DRU-510A ' '1.0c' Removable CD-ROM
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *

# cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=16 -audio -pad file1.wav ... file(n).wav

and see if that burns... If it does, switch your front end as has been
suggested but I wouldn't bother to get another one [front end] until I'd
tested it from the command line.