[NCLUG] CD burning problems

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Wed Jan 7 23:37:56 MST 2004

Dan Fink wrote:
> it, and I can successfully erase a CD-RW using gnometoaster. But I get
> errors along the lines of "illegal mode for this track" and "i/o error"
> when I try to burn data to it. It's a cheap I/O magic CD-RW drive, but

It is possible that you just have bad/cheap media.  You might try your
media in a friends drive.  (It's RW so no cost there.)  Or try known
good quality media in your drive.

It is possible (but I think much less likely) that your cabling is
poor and you are just having poor signal integrity between your
controller and your drive.  I suggest you inspect your cabling.  But I
don't really believe this is the problem.

Bob