[NCLUG] CD burning problems

Daniel Miles milesd at cs.colostate.edu
Thu Jan 8 12:26:20 MST 2004

Well, from that you know it's not your front-end that's causing the
problem.

The error was "illegal mode for this track" and the only other thing
about mode I saw in that output was "TAO mode."

Maybe you can try it again with the -dao flag (disk-at-once vs
track-at-once).

The other thing I *think* I gathered from the strange and garbled stuff
that google found for me on help forums is that you may be passing it
invalid data.

It looks to me like you passed it a wav file to burn (for future
reference not only the output is useful here but the command as well).
Are you sure the wav file is valid? Did you make sure to pass the -audio
and the -pad options?

Audio CD tracks have to be a multiple of a certain number of blocks so
the -pad option is important. It just pads the track with enough silence
that it comes out to the right length. It's less than a blip to the
human ear so don't worry about it for what it sounds like, you just need
to put it in there.

I think that passing the -audio flag without the -pad flag is going to
cause you problems (possibly illegal mode problems) unless the wav files
happen to be *exactly* the right length (and I doubt that).