Connecting to Camera, UnErasing Photo (was RE: [NCLUG] Linux Alternatives & Necessities for Home Use)

bsimpson at att.net bsimpson at att.net
Tue Aug 23 15:05:06 MDT 2005

> Oh, yeah. USB mass storage devices normally appear as scsi devices.
> Check out /proc/scsi/ for clues.

When I connected my camera to my FC3 system I was able to view the
current images on my camera's memory card (I believe I was using
gthumb?).  But there was no change to the /proc/scsi/ directory!

Then I connected a separate memory stick into a second USB port
on my computer and was able to see a new entry in /proc/scsi.

So it would appear that my camera was not seen as a scsi device?
How would I determine what kind of device the camera would be
seen as?

Brian S