[NCLUG] Re: Broadband ISP options in Fort Collins

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jan 26 15:58:49 MST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 08:47:08AM -0700, Matt wrote:
> > I have the 1.5 down / 768 up service ($28/mon from
> > Qwest),
>
>Does DSL uniformly get these speeds around Fort Collins?  When DSL

Note that when they quote these rates, they're talking ATM cell rates and
so you have to subtract the ATM "tax" -- so you're actually getting more
like 1.2mbps down.  The up-stream speed for this service is 1024 ATM cell
rate, which works out to around 800kbps payload rate.

Just FYI.

 The Law of Software Development and Envelopment at MIT: Every program
 in development at MIT expands until it can read mail.