[NCLUG] forwarding email, was Broadband ISP in Fort

Matt rosing at peakfive.com
Sat Jan 29 19:32:14 MST 2005

 > > Yep, this is what it was.  I was looking for a cheap "legit mail
 > > server". I could save $20/month by dumping comcast and getting qwest
 > > basic internet.
 > >

 > You will have to get a static IP address from Qwest (a extra
 > $7.00/mo), so that your IP address is not in a dynamic range and
 > you end up with the exact same problem.

I don't have a static IP address now.  To send mail I send it (and
authenticate it) through comcast's mail server and nobody has ever
rejected it.  So I don't think I need a static ip address, I just need
a mail server I can forward through.  And even if I got a static
address what's to say it's not on a black list because someone
previously abused it, or all of qwest's dsl addresses are on a black
list, or ...

In the meantime, I found out that no-ip.com has a service to solve
this problem.  For $20/year I can forward my mail through their
server.  Since I already use them to get my domain to point to my
machine, this is a simple solution.