[NCLUG] KRUD & KVM?

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Tue Jun 14 09:24:17 MDT 2005

Onyx wrote:
> Rich,
> I don't have any suggestions, but I have had similar experiences with
> FC2.  My problem is that if I am working with FC2 through a KVM, and  I
> switch to another machine and then return, the mouse control goes
> haywire, with movements of the mouse causing sporadic jumps of the
> pointer across the screen.  I usually have to reboot to correct the
> problem.

I've seen this kind of thing too (possibly even without even switching
the KVM around!)

I found that whilst mouse movement was crazy, button clicks worked OK
*and* seemed to "resync" movements. Of course, I think the click goes
through and is processed, so it's probably best to right-click to avoid
selecting some button that's dangerous!