[NCLUG] burning FC4 CDs

hugh at mahon.cwx.net hugh at mahon.cwx.net
Sat Jun 18 16:25:56 MDT 2005

Hi Guys,

This is probably a "duh" thing for most of you but I thought I'd share
it anyway.

I had trouble burning CDs from the FC4 ISO images.  I'm using a good
drive, thought I had good media, and the ISO images check out
according to the SHA1 checksums.  (I got the images as files on a DVD,
thanks Sean!)

I even mounted the CDs and the image files and did a recursive diff and
got no errors.  I installed one system from such a set of CDs and have
had no problems from the system, but still getting the 'FAILED' message
bugs me.

I did a Google search and finally found something that seems to be the
trick.  When issuing the 'cdrecord' command add the options '-dao
-pad', like so:

        cdrecord -dao -pad -v speed=12 dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 image-file

Now I consistently get "PASS" from the media check.

Hugh