[NCLUG] Desire suggestions for college laptop

bsimpson at att.net bsimpson at att.net
Fri Jun 24 10:51:35 MDT 2005

Thanks for all of the responses!

Looks like the Mac with OS X is the clear favorite.  It will
definitely be considered for my next laptop, and I will mention
it to my daughter.  However, since she has acquired a sizeable
collection of Windoze games through the years (which she will
likely want to load onto her new laptop), this may preclude a
Mac for the time being.

Amongst WinTel machines, Dell and IBM appear to be the favorites.
Considering my daughter wants to go to a school in Florida ($$$),
I think price will be an important factor.  It's good to hear
that Dell has excellent customer support.  Thanks again for
the responses!

Brian Simpson

P.S.:  Dennis Clark wrote:  "Word, Excel, etc. were written
on the Mac before Windoze could even run it".  Is this true?
I thought MS actually developed something on their own...