[NCLUG] SMTP store and forward project

DJ Eshelman djsbignews at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:04:35 MST 2005

Hey all,

I have been charged with finding an alternative to services like MX Logic
and Barracuda units- the goal being to have a set of linux boxes (a MX 10
and MX 20) that would scan for spam, viruses and then function as a SMTP
store-and-forward in case the client's DSL goes out (it happens a lot).

MX Logic starts at $50/month for up to 20 mailboxes (it's a minimum) and I'm
not even sure what the Barracuda subscription is these days. Since we're
only talking about 5-10 users it seems like there'd be a better way. I've
never done anything like this, so I'm curious if we have any experience out
and about there...

thanks all,

-DJ