[NCLUG] mailman wrapping message headers breaks GPG signatures

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Apr 19 16:16:36 MDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 10:07:21AM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:

Is this in the main message header, or one of the MIME sub-parts?  As far
as I know, it's totally RFC-legal to insert or remove line-breaks in long
header lines.  If it's in the main header of the message, I woudln't think
gpg would be signing that part anyway, because the headers are guaranteed
to change, if nothing else than by addition of a Received line, but
possibly by other mechanisms as well.

These are things that Yahoo's "Domain Keys" and the more recent replacement
were designed to be able to handle, AFAIK, so you might want to look there.

Thanks,
 You think your Commodore 64 is really neato.
 What kinda chip you got in there, a Dorito?  -- Weird Al