[NCLUG] Difficulty setting up Samba server on Suse Linux 10.0

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Tue Aug 8 18:00:08 MDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 03:13:37PM -0700, Vincent Randal wrote:

> I am new to this group. I hope to attend your meeting tonight. I have a problem
> setting up a Samba server on Suse Linux 10.0. Is it broken in this
> distribution?

I doubt it . . . though the last versions of SuSE on which I've tried
setting up Samba was 8.0, so I suppose it could just be "broken" by now.
I really rather doubt it, though.  It's more likely that the tools
you're trying to use for configuration are poorly designed.  How are you
going about trying to get it to work?  Are you sure smbd and nmbd are
running?  What exactly is happening that indicates it's "broken"?

You may need to make your smb.conf file available to us if you want
further help from the mailing list.

"The measure on a man's real character is what he would do
if he knew he would never be found out." - Thomas McCauley