[NCLUG] Difficulty setting up Samba server on Suse Linux 10.0

Vincent Randal vtrandal at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 26 12:43:56 MDT 2006

Chad,

I attended the August NCLUG meeting and was encourage to retry things more
carefully while referreing to the SAMBA trouble shooting guide by Paul Green.

You were right to doubt my assertion that Samba was broken in Suse 10.0. In
fact Samba installed correctly after I ran through the process again. Initially
I did not run smbpasswd. Not sure why it did not work until I redid everything.
Maybe there's an order dependance but probably just user error :)

Vincent Randal
Longmont, Colorado