[NCLUG] Re: configuring ssh on Ubuntu

S Luke Jones slukejones at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 20:24:21 MST 2006

S. Luke Jones wrote:
> When this box was running FC6 I could ssh to my emac in the next room.
> None of the network infrastructure has changed. Just what OS this
> machine runs.
This guy is such a liar. I just did a /sbin/ifconfig on the emac and it
has a different IP address than it did before. I don't know if the lease
ran out or what. But .100 => .101, which explains the "connection
refused" sort of.

(I love wireless, but I wish my linksys wireless router let me set up
static IP addresses the way my old D-Link wired router/firewall-doodad
let me assign them.)

As for the other, well, in the words of Emily Latella, "Never mind."